Tinsley began as agency of record for the Florida Keys & Key West in 1986, and it has become a textbook case for successful destination marketing ever since. The Keys are made up of five distinct districts (Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, Big Pine Key & The Lower Keys and Key West). The account is also advised by the cultural, diving and fishing umbrella committees. Our job was to promote The Keys as a whole, as well as the five districts and the three umbrellas. Read Case Study
To transform the perception of the Keys from a sleepy fishing village and rates of about $65 a night into a world-class destination that attracts affluent travelers with more time and money to spend. We also wanted to eliminate the “shoulder season” when hotels would shut down for summer.
Our “Come as you are” campaign was implemented across all platforms and was designed to highlight the environment, culture, soft adventure and the Keys laid back attitude.We reached this affluent traveler through more upscale print, broadcast and digital efforts as well as targeted vertical media efforts to reach the different niche markets of fishing, diving, cultural, LGBT, etc.
• The Keys enjoys both the highest average daily room and occupancy rates in the state of Florida. Both up more than 10% year over year for the last 5 years
• Top 10 in RevPar (revenue per available room) in the country
• Destination brand awareness is worldwide with The Florida Keys being one of the top 5 destinations for desired travel when visiting the continental U.S.
• Website visitation consistently up year over year
• The Keys no longer has a “shoulder season” but instead, welcomes domestic and international travelers year-round